Have Your Staff Got All the High Visibility Clothing They Need?
Although many people work indoors, such as in an office or shop, there are lots of people who work outside, and in all weathers. These people need to be safe and seen, and so high visibility clothing is essential.
Have your staff go the high visibility clothing they need?
1. You’ll want your workers to be able to stand out in the dark. If they are fixing roads, or carrying out emergency repairs to electricity or water supplies, then they will need to be visible at all times.
2. You might need your staff to stand out from others. Perhaps your fire marshalls need to be more visible in the event of a fire. High visibility clothing isn’t just for those that work outdoors.
3. By being visible, it’s more likely that your workers can stay safe whilst working, and so carry out the duties with less risk of injury. You might want o make sure that your staff can be seen from further away, or that their hi viz clothing is comfortable.
4. If you and your staff work in all weathers, then there’s no saying when it will start raining, or how long a job will take. You won’t want to be caught out with the wrong clothing, so you’ll want to make sure that you have plenty of clothing to keep you warm and dry, and that you can stay visible.
5. Perhaps you and your staff are normally indoor based, but sometimes have to go outside. You might need to inspect buildings, or check damage, or ensure that repairs are carried out properly.
6. Security workers, car park attendants, and refuse collectors, all need to be seen whilst doing their job, and so it’s not just those that work in potentially dangerous locations or environments that need to carry the right sort of clothing.
7. Emergency workers also need to be prepared for all eventualities, and will want to be seen whether dealing with a road traffic accident on a motorway, or rescuing an injured climber on a mountain.
8. Dangerous situations require the right sort of clothing too. If you work with chemicals, or hazardous material, or in a factory or warehouse, then you’ll want to make sure that your staff have the relevant safety clothing so that workers can be seen.
9. As well as being seen, you’ll want your workers to stay warm and dry too. It’s important that you understand that your workers need more than a high visibility vest to carry out their jobs. Don’t forget that warm jackets, hi viz trousers gloves, and hats will make a difference too.
10. Value for money is important, but you’ll need to make sure that you get clothing with the performance and durability your staff need. There’s no point in buying something cheap, and it not being up to the job. Buying the right high visibility clothing will save time and money in the long term. Buying cheap might mean that you have to buy again.
Now you know why it’s so important, have your staff go the high visibility clothing they need?